- 1 cup black gram lentil
- 1 cup urad dal without skin (both daal washed, soaked for 3 hours)
- 250ml water
- 1tbsp grated ginger
- 15-20 raisins
- 3-4 green chillies
- Red chilli powder, Cumin powder, Black pepper, Chaat masala, Dry pudina powder and Salt
- In a mixer, grind the daals together with green chillies, ginger and salt. Make a find paste of it.
- Add the batter to a bowl and beat it further using your hand or a beater for almost 10mins till it becomes light and little fluffy.
- Once the batter is ready, start pouring it in small circular form in vessel for deep frying. Fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Now remove them in luke warm water and gently press them with your palms till water oozes out. Keep them aside for ten mins.
- Subsequently, you can prepare the curd for vadas. Beat curd in a seperate bowl and add half cup milk chill milk to it.
- Add 1/4 tbsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tbsp cumin powder, 1/2 tbsp black pepper, 1/2 tbsp chaat masala, 1/2 dry pudina powder and salt to taste
- Immerse the vadas in that bowl and mix them properly
Chill the vadas, garnish it with chopped coriander leaves, tamarind chutni & chaat masala and serve it! 🙂