For all foodies in Pune, it’s time to say hello to the New Avatar of Double Roti!
Last week, Double Roti had invited us for a food tasting session followed by a live band performance. The restaurant has launched its range of exquisite cocktails along with feet taping music and some lip smacking food.
Double Roti started its gourmet journey from Gurgaon then travelled to Chennai and reached Pune as well. The first café opened in New Delhi during the winter of 2013. It was a tiny hole in the wall which soon became a hidden gem for all burger lovers. Having got the concept and food right, all that the founders needed to grow was investment and advisory to build the organization, expand the network and plan their long term strategy. This is where Cloud Nine Hospitality and VM Hospitality came on board to play their part as Angel Investors with a strong track record of having started and operated successful businesses. From then on, there was no looking back, with a second and a third café in Chennai within 6 months and Pune thereafter.
- Mushroom bites – The perfect bar snack for all vegetarians. Mushrom bites were crispy, juicy and topped with mayonnaise.
- Chicken Tikka – The chicken snack was perfectly grilled. On enquiring, we were told that these were chicken breasts marinated with lemon, ground cumin, cinnamon, pepper, minced ginger, garlic and cloves.
- Loaded Nachos – Another star snacks after mushroom was the nachos. Yes, for all the vegetarians, loaded nachos is definitely a good choice to go for along with the drinks. The Nachos was crispy, topped with cheese sauce, chopped tomatoes, onions, jalapenos.
- Chipotli Chicken Burger was definitely my next favourite after mushroom bites. The patty filled in was really juicy and full of flavour and tasted heavenly.
The drinks offered at Double Roti was inspired from the popular TV Series “Game of Thrones” like Wildfire, Winter is Coming and Kings Landing to name a few. The table was beautifully laid with Apple & Cinnamon Sangria & Cranberry & Pomegranate Sangria. My favourite drink for the evening was – Green Apple Caipiroska. A vodka based drink which gives a very tangy taste and makes it just perfect for any season. Amongst desserts, my favourite was brownie served with vanilla ice-cream topped with chocolate sauce.
The restaurant also deserves a big star on its vibrant ambiance. The eccentric exteriors which include multi-coloured hanging whisks and steel graters which you will find in the kitchens of any household catches the eye of any foodie. The vibrant custom-made high seating tables with colorful paintings on the wall behind just adds on to the mood. The truck-shaped napkin, cutleries for serving, coasters on the wall highlights the quirky quotient of the place.
On the launch of the new bar, Uday Balaji, Chief Executive Officer of V.M Hospitality who own the Pune outlet said, “We are excited to introduce Double Roti in its new avatar here in Pune. At Double Roti, the team is looking to offer an irresistible range of exciting cocktails and lip smacking bar snacks along with our existing menu. Our endeavour is to offer a perfect meal to our guests for under Rs 500 including a drink. Pune has a high density of students; Viman Nagar and its vicinity has an even higher concentration of young professionals and students, making Double Roti a relaxing getaway. We with our new avatar, intend to provide a regular hang out for guests, much like their neighbourhood local”.
With a seating capacity of 70, the outlet includes a live bar counter and feet tapping music making it an ideal neighbourhood bar & café serving delicious meals at any time of day. Double roti will offer a 2 plus 1 on all drinks through the day and a special combo offer for lunch. The restaurant will also follow a weekly calendar with engaging evenings like ladies nights, game nights, and karaoke nights.
- 9 AM – 11 PM (Sunday to Thursday)
- 9 AM – 1 AM (Friday and Saturday)
- ₹800 for two people (approx.) with alcohol
- ₹160 for a pint of beer (approx.)
You can also log on to their Facebook page for more details: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Double-Roti/457603287771635?fref=ts
I would definitely give a Big Thums Up to this New & Quirky Avatar of Double Roti! 🙂