Eid ul-Fitr “festival of breaking of the fast” is an important religious holiday celebrated worldwide that marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting. It’s the time when relatives and friends get together and enjoy scrumptious feast. Sweets and desserts make for an important part of the feast and often take centre stage on this auspicious day. On this occasion, FunFoods by Dr. Oetker recommends tasty desserts which are mouthwatering, easy to make, and would allow you to enjoy the festival as well with your loved ones.
- 1 Litre, Full Cream Milk
- 90 g (6 tbsp) Rice Flour
- 140 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Green Cardamon Powder
- 8-10 nos. Cashewnuts, chopped
- 5 nos. Almonds, chopped
- 60 g (4 tbsp) Dr. Oetker FunFoods Veg Mayonnaise
- Heat milk in a pan (medium flame) until it comes to boil and then simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice flour, sugar, cardamom powder and cashewnuts. Stir continuously to prevent lumps.
- Continue stirring on low flame for 6-7 minutes or until it begins to thicken. Finally take it out from flame and let it cool down.
- Add mayonnaise to above mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into serving bowls. Refrigerate it for 2 hours, garnish it with almonds and serve.
Recipe by Chef Ranveer Brar, Creative Kitchen, Dr. Oetker FunFoods